PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Z1000

Gizmo400
28-03-2013, 03:47 PM
The bike has a displacement of 1000 cc.The dual side exhausts and the front headlight mask which houses dual headlights and the heavy rear tyre make the bike look like a huge muscle street fighter bike.The inline 4 cylinder four stroke engine with 4 valves per cylinder produces 135 hp and 85 lb.ft torque.DOHC camshaft is used.The transmission is six speed.Wet multi disc clutch dis is standard.

seen this up in the big window shop it's a nice machine...

pawh
28-03-2013, 03:49 PM
thats lovely, the old z 1000 is lovely too

1100 machine
28-03-2013, 03:50 PM
wouldnt be a big fan of the exhaust at all, but the rest of the bike is savage!! thumbup.gif

Gizmo400
28-03-2013, 04:02 PM
wouldnt be a big fan of the exhaust at all, but the rest of the bike is savage!! thumbup.gif

Thats the first thing I said when I seem it in bikeworld them 2 exhaust have to go

brady-89
28-03-2013, 04:16 PM
bin the exhaust!!!!!!!

Admin
28-03-2013, 04:28 PM
A few extra plastics here and there and an even worse end can system, its still the same as the 06 model!! And to replace the end cans you need a hacksaw!! Not bolt on like the suzuki's!! And you cannot fit crash bars as the engine is fastened on top, stress free engine or whatever they call it!! So you either get mushrooms or kawasaki's version that will set ya back 200 quid!! Don't get me wrong these are great bikes but as ive the 750 version id know more about them!! Had a 1000 version and theres not much of a difference between the two!! And these Z's suffer like the new blade does and has a plug hidden behind the frame!! Such a bastard to get at!!

Gizmo400
28-03-2013, 05:16 PM
The one I seen in bikeworld you could unbolt the end cans at the collecter box and it had BRAIDED HOSES all round and steering damper

Admin
28-03-2013, 05:27 PM
The one I seen in bikeworld you could unbolt the end cans at the collecter box and it had BRAIDED HOSES all round and steering damper

Why have a steering damper on a retro? Sounds like a sales pitch at best and not even needed for the bike!! They must be trying to advertise these as streetfighters in a lame attempt to flog em!! No one is going to fork out 10k for a new bike in todays market!! Braided lines? They cost fuck all anyway so why not add them!! They cost 30 quid a caliper or even less, depending on bike!! That reminds me, braided lines!! Ooops!! big.gif

Gizmo400
28-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Why have a steering damper on a retro? Sounds like a sales pitch at best and not even needed for the bike!! They must be trying to advertise these as streetfighters in a lame attempt to flog em!! No one is going to fork out 10k for a new bike in todays market!! Braided lines? They cost fuck all anyway so why not add them!! They cost 30 quid a caliper or even less, depending on bike!! That reminds me, braided lines!! Ooops!! big.gif

Thats why it's in capital letters....lol

Admin
28-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Thats why it's in capital letters....lol

I know!! laugh.gif

Pick em up tomorrow!!

Gizmo400
28-03-2013, 06:00 PM
I know!! laugh.gif

Pick em up tomorrow!!

I around all day tomorrow give us a bell if you think off them...
rite off to the gym back on in a while...