PDA

View Full Version : Ride sharing app

davemac
04-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Scooterino matches drivers with people wanting to hitch a ride, helping locals avoid public transport and giving tourists another way to see the sights

Its being likened to UBER for scooters, the owner says that it is just a way of riders sharing the cost of running their scoots. The prices are fixed at €3 per ride.

Oliver Page, an American who grew up in Rome, got the idea for the app after a particularly long wait at a bus stop. Scooterino launched last week and has so far had 1,000 downloads, while Page and his two business partners continue to interview scooter owners – including city bus drivers – to get them online.
All journeys are charged at a fixed rate of €3 (2.20), paid for through the app, and Scooterino will soon be adapted for foreign phone networks and the tourist crowd.

Anyone who's been in Rome will know that the traffic in Rome is absolutely insane. I'm not sure if I'd trust a random rider with my life.
Still, it's an interesting idea.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/27/rome-scooter-drivers-share-rides-app-scooterino

madman
06-10-2015, 07:22 AM
illegal taxi service.

Here in this country ya think the politicians would let that fly oh no that would be money out of their grubby hands