PDA

View Full Version : Provisional 2011 MotoGP calendar announced by FIM

Hot Rod
01-10-2010, 04:19 AM
A provisional calendar for the 2011 FIM MotoGP World Championship has been released today.

A provisional calendar for the 2011 FIM MotoGP World Championship has been released today, and the schedule is as follows:

Date Grand Prix (Circuit)

March 20th Qatar* (Losail)
April 3rd Spain (Jerez)
April 24th Japan (Motegi)
May 1st Portugal (Estoril)
May 15th France (Le Mans)
June 5th Catalunya (Catalunya)
June 12th Great Britain (Silverstone)
June 25th Netherlands** (Assen)
July 3rd Italy (Mugello)
July 17th Germany (Sachsenring)
July 24th United States*** (Laguna Seca)
August 14th Czech Republic (Brno)
August 28th Indianapolis (Indianapolis)
September 4th San Marino & Riviera di Rimini (Misano)
September 18th Aragón (MotorLand)
October 16th Australia (Phillip Island)
October 23rd Malaysia (Sepang)
November 6th Valencia (Ricardo Tormo – Valencia)

* Evening Race
** Saturday Race
*** Only MotoGP class

Calendar still subject to changes

Hot Rod
01-10-2010, 04:24 AM
Motosprint: Crutchlow could debut at Estoril if Rossi has operation
Wednesday, 29 September 2010

The British rider has told Motosprint that “Yamaha has called me to tell me to be prepared if Rossi decides to have his shoulder operation before the end of the season. I would have preferred to have taken my first ride of the M1 in a calmer situation, the plan was to test this month in Japan and then in Valencia after the final GP, but if they need me I’ll be there.”

Rossi is considering surgery after the Japan-Malaysia-Australia leg of the campaign, and could subsequently miss the final two races of the season. If this happens Motosprint says Crutchlow will ride the M1 of the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team, for whom he is signed up for in 2011, with Ben Spies slotting into Rossi’s Fiat Yamaha seat in Portugal and Valencia, a position he takes up permanently next season.
FHM: Lorenzo admits the Championship is “a long one”
Tuesday, 28 September 2010

As Jorge Lorenzo moves closer to achieving his dream of becoming MotoGP World Champion he has said he is avoiding becoming preoccupied with breaking records, whilst at the same time admitting that the Championship is “very long”.

“My intention is to be World Champion. Nothing else interests me, not the records or being bigger than others. I want to be the best now and demonstrate this on the track. When I get older it won’t matter if I’m bigger than other rivals, the important thing is that I’ve felt good about myself and have completed my aim for which I have fought,” said Lorenzo in an interview with FHM.
Speedweek: Arne Tode could replace Tomizawa
Thursday, 23 September 2010

Arne Tode, himself replaced by Japanese Kazuki Watanabe in the Racing Team Germany team, could be the replacement for the late Shoya Tomizawa in the Technomag CIP team, according to Speedweek. Apparently, Eskil Suter valued Tode’s skills as a test rider, and has recommended him to Alain Bronec, team manager of CIP, who has acquired his services for the last two races of the year in Estoril and Valencia. Tode is also being watched by Martin Wimmer, who is considering a second MZ bike in 2011.
Autosport: Rossi could miss Portugal and Valencia
Monday, 20 September 2010

Autosport reports that Valentino Rossi is considering missing the final two rounds of the 2010 season in Portugal and Valencia to have shoulder surgery, and cure the problem that has dogged him for much of the current campaign. The pain and weakness in the shoulder the Italian injured in a motocross training accident in April is affecting his performances, and he said: “It’s a big problem because I cannot ride like I want”. Speaking about the prospect of an operation Rossi added: "I think we have to try to race at the next three races, and after Australia and Sepang we will make a decision about the last two."
Sport Bikes: Brivio to leave Yamaha and manage Rossi
Saturday, 18 September 2010

In an interview published in Sport Bikes Davide Brivio says that after 20 years at Yamaha he is likely to leave to become Valentino Rossi’s personal manager, having developed certain aspects of the role this year in a personal sponsorship and licensing capacity. Brivio explained he had not played any part in negotiations with Ducati however. The Italian, who has represented riders such as Lukas Pesek and Maxime Berger this year, described Rossi’s challenge in joining Ducati at the age of 32 as “exciting” and “a greater challenge than the one taken on by signing for Yamaha in 2004. Not in technical terms because the Ducati is already very competitive, but on a sporting level because the level of his rivals is higher than it was back then”.
MCN: Crutchlow to test M1 in Japan
Thursday, 16 September 2010

Speaking to MCN Cal Crutchlow has hinted that his first ride on the M1 machine could be in a private test in Japan next month. The 24 year-old Brit, who will join the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team as a rookie for the 2011 season, ruled out the possibility of riding as wild card in the final round at Valencia as Ben Spies did last year. “While it would be good to get a race under my belt, the reasons are the same as to why I turned down the ride earlier in the year when Valentino got injured,” explained Crutchlow. “I’d be turning up to ride a bike I’ve never even sat on before with Bridgestone tyres and carbon brakes. For me a private test is the best way to get your first ride on a new bike.”
Shoulder operation for Rossi at end of the season
Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Vast sections of the press have reported on a conversation between Valentino Rossi and Giacomo Agostini which was captured by the microphones of Sky Sport 24 during a Dainese event at Mugello, in which Rossi explained to Agostini that his shoulder would require an operation at the end of the current season. The World Champion continues to suffer from pain in the joint following his motocross crash in April, and he wants to be fully fit for his debut with Ducati next season following an operation which requires a lengthy recovery period.
Motosport Aktuell: Eckl preparing to move Espargaró to Moto2
Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Harald Eckl, former Kawasaki MotoGP team boss and now with the Tuenti Racing team, is quoted in Motorsport Aktuell as saying that he is working towards the possibility of a move up to Moto2 for Pol Espargaró next season. “We know that spaces are very limited, so the best option at the moment is to organise a Moto2 team with just one rider, in this instance Pol,” he said. With regards to a chassis provider, Eckl said: “Suter is a good option, but there are two or three other manufacturers that could be of interest to us”. Eckl is confident Efrén Vázquez will continue in the 125cc class and is looking at a second rider in the category, the provision of which will depend on commitments from sponsors.
MCN: India potential 2012 round
Monday, 13 September 2010

British publication MCN suggests that India could be one of the rounds on the 2012 MotoGP calendar, following the completion of a new circuit in Greater Noida. The track is on the 2011 F1 calendar, subject to homologation, and is keen to host a MotoGP race as early as 2012 when the new 1000cc regulations come in. MCN also hints at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi as being another possible circuit for 2012.
MCN: Elías and De Angelis on LCR Honda radar
Thursday, 09 September 2010

British publication MCN reports that should Randy de Puniet depart LCR Honda for Rizla Suzuki at the end of the season, then the satellite Honda team is lining up Moto2 Championship leader Toni Elías and Alex de Angelis as potential replacements. “Randy is still in discussion with Suzuki and we don't know if we can renew the contract with him. Now the decision is up to Randy,” LCR boss Lucio Cecchinello is quoted as saying by MCN. “We have a gentleman’s agreement that we will finalise everything by the next race in Aragón. There are other possibilities like Elías, De Angelis or even a superbike rider.”
Speedweek: Bradl has Kalex in mind for 2011
Wednesday, 08 September 2010

Speedweek reports that Stefan Bradl intends to switch from the Suter MMX he has been riding this season in Moto2 to the Kalex chassis next year. Bradl had planned to test yesterday in Hockenheim but bad weather meant it was not possible. The designing engineer behind the Kalex, Alex Baumgärtel, was in Misano to meet with Stefan Kiefer, who next year plans to run Bradl with the upcoming Randy Krummenacher in his team. Kalex has provided chassis for the Tenerife 40 Pons team this season and intends to run up to six bikes on the Moto2 grid in 2011.
Sport: Rossi will test at Motorland
Tuesday, 07 September 2010

According to Spanish daily Sport Valentino Rossi will continue his preparations for the final run-in of the 2010 MotoGP World Championship with a day of testing at the Motorland Aragón circuit. The Italian is determined in his attempts to secure the best possible results in the final six rounds of the campaign and will begin his quest to add more wins to his sole victory in 2010 by riding a production bike at the circuit, which hosts the Gran Premio de Aragón in under two weeks’ time. Other riders who have done so include Dani Pedrosa, Jorge Lorenzo and Nicky Hayden, and present with Rossi will be Andrea Dovizioso.
Tuttosport: Cross words exchanged between Melandri and Capirossi
Saturday, 04 September 2010

The memorial event for Daijiro Kato which brought together a number of MotoGP riders on Thursday ended with a verbal confrontation between Italian premier class riders Marco Melandri and Loris Capirossi, as reported in the printed version of Tuttosport. According to the Italian paper Melandri directed comments at a number of riders, one of which was Capirossi, questioning the veteran’s lack of a race win since 2007 and saying that a potential move to Pramac would be a mistake. A surprised Capirossi responded by telling Melandri that if he moves to WSBK and does not win, his career is finished.
Marca: Fonsi Nieto to undergo third operation
Friday, 03 September 2010

According to Spanish sports daily Marca Fonsi Nieto’s recovery from a fractured ankle will require a third operation, this time to close the open wounds which resulted from his two previous surgical procedures. Both took place in Indianapolis where the Spaniard has remained since last Saturday, when he crashed in Moto2 qualifying.
Speedweek: Suter to present MotoGP project in Misano
Thursday, 02 September 2010

Suter will present their MotoGP prototype which will compete from 2012 onwards in Misano tomorrow (Friday), according to Speedweek, who have also published images of the bike. Speedweek suggests that the Swiss manufacturer has plans to start testing the prototype on track in early September.
IBJ: Indy GP makes positive financial impact
Tuesday, 31 August 2010

The Indianapolis Business Journal reports that the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix weekend generated $10 million. IBJ sports reporter Anthony Schoettle writes that the GP’s financial impact is “almost 20% of an entire Indiana Pacers season and more than 10% of an entire Indianapolis Colts regular season”. Schoettle also says that he believes the MotoGP weekend has “more potential (for growth) than the other two events (Indianapolis 500 and Brickyard 400) at the Speedway combined”.
Schwantz advising Austin F1 track on bikes
Monday, 30 August 2010

Crash.net explains that the former 500cc World Champion is advising the proposed new F1 circuit about the requirements for motorcycle racing. Schwantz is fulfilling an advisory role for the USGPF1 organisation, utilising his extensive experience as a motorcycle consultant.
Denning injured in motocross accident
Wednesday, 25 August 2010

The website of British publication MCN reports that Rizla Suzuki Team Manager Paul Denning broke his leg whilst riding a motocross bike last week and will not be able to travel to Indianapolis for Round 11, instead making his return to duty at Misano.
Aprilia and Norton sizing up MotoGP returns
Friday, 20 August 2010

It has been reported in various sources including motociclismo.es that historical MotoGP marques Aprilia and Norton could make a return to the World Championship’s premier class in 2012, the year that the new regulations permit a maximum engine capacity of 1000cc. The article suggests that negotiations on the British factory’s part are at an advanced stage, whilst doubts remain over the Italian brand who it has been indicated may intend to utilise the engines used in superbikes.
Ducati correct Rossi reports
Wednesday, 04 August 2010

As the speculation surrounding the rider line-ups for 2011 continues to rage Ducati issued an official statement in response to reports which had surfaced in the media, attributing quotes to Ducati CEO and President Gabriele Del Torchio.

”Ducati states that no agreement has been reached with the riders Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden for the future Moto GP season, although our interest in these riders remains,” read the issue from Ducati. “We would like to say that the recent news which has appeared on the US website Cycle World and other websites has been misreported and must be attributed to the many rumours circulating lately. Whether and when an agreement is reached, official press releases will be issued.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pm3Luctg4U&feature=PlayList&p=82FCF7F6ECEF3CF8&index=0&playnext=1

OGRI
26-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Pramac Racing today (Monday, October 25th) confirmed that Carlos Checa will ride for them in the final two rounds of the 2010 MotoGP World Championship at Estoril and Valencia. The 38 year-old Spaniard replaces Finnish rider Mika Kallio, who decided following the previous round in Australia to end his partnership with the team early as he continues to recover from a shoulder injury.

Checa, who last rode in the World Championship in the 2007 Valencia GP and who finished third in this year’s WSBK championship on a Ducati 1098R, told motogp.com of his excitement at his participation in the upcoming two races.

“I’ll take it as an opportunity. I want to use this to gain experience and enjoy it too. My sole aim is to adapt as quickly as I can,” said Checa, who tested the Desmosedici GP10 at Mugello a fortnight ago. “It’s a great challenge. I’ve only been able to do a small test at Mugello and the people I will be up against in these two races will have had 16 races this season. They’ll know the tyres, which I won’t, and obviously the bikes they’re riding.”

Comparing his previous experience in MotoGP to the development of the current 800cc machines, Checa said of the GP10: “The bike has great power, the tyres have improved greatly especially the rear ones. And of course the electronics now play a bigger role. It’s very rewarding to be able to ride one of the best bikes in the World Championship after riding one of the best in superbikes this season.”

He continued: “I don’t know what level I’ll be at or what I’ll find. I just want to feel like I’ve given my maximum whatever happens. But we will take as much as possible from it and I’m sure we’ll take something good.”

Team Manager Paolo Campinoti added: “After Mika Kallio’s decision to not take part in the last two races we decided to call on a rider with experience and talent that could give us a good end to the season. Thanks also to consultations with Ducati, we decided on Carlos Checa. Of course it will be important for him to get as much time as possible on the Estoril track during the free practice sessions so that he can improve his feeling with the bike. We know about his undoubted talent and potential, and this is why we expect a good result in both races.”

Checa will ride with the number 71 on his livery for the remaining rounds of the campaign.

A cat amongst the pigeons eh???

sonic

Hellraiser
03-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Pramac Racing today (Monday, October 25th) confirmed that Carlos Checa will ride for them in the final two rounds of the 2010 MotoGP World Championship at Estoril and Valencia....

A cat amongst the pigeons eh???

sonic

That was a big bloody waste of time wasn't it??? willy_nilly.gif

OGRI
03-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Ah well... :-(