PDA

View Full Version : Rossi: "The Ducati is Wild!"

Hellraiser
14-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Valentino Rossi gave his first Ducati MotoGP press conference in Italy and was playing down his chances and playing up his problems. Bluff? ...

http://www.superbike.co.uk/imageBank/cache/r/Rossi%20Ducati%2020111_e_63c07a088a41722fcb1a4cfdf 13f167e.jpg (http://www.superbike.co.uk/imageBank/r/Rossi%20Ducati%2020111.jpg)

Valentino Rossi gave a press conference to the rabid Italian press and he was playing down his chances of coming flying out of the blocks and explaining that his shoulder injury and subsequent operation was a lot worse than he (we?) knew.

How is the injury to his shoulder? Will the start of the season recovered?
The shoulder injury was actually much worse than we initially thought. Right now I'm making a good recovery, but now still don't have all the mobility in my arm and I can't quite get under the fairing on the straights. The truth is I'm still not one hundred per cent.

Will it be a hundred percent for the start of the season?
I hope to be at an acceptable level for testing in Malaysia, I'm on time to making a good recovery and the rehab is on course to have a good season. It will be difficult to reach 100% at the start of the season though. After the operation, they said it would not be 100% for five or six months. They worked on the tendon and I have to respect the recuperation time. I don't think that I'll be fully fit until April or May.

This is a surely a big drawback when it comes to developing the new Ducati, no?
The Ducati is a very different bike to the Japanese bikes I've raced in the past. The Ducati is very different from Yamaha and you have to ride it in a more dirty style, so to speak. Obviously I'll try to change and the bike to make it more suitable for my style of riding. It's an aggressive and punchy bike.

Stoner has been able to take it to the limit, what has he got that the other Ducati riders don't?
Casey has great talent and, above all, he's been riding Ducatis for a long time, since 2007. The truth is that it will be difficult to bring something to the Ducati to make it even better. I think we're going to get something more, but will take time that's logical, no? And I have a problem too in that I'm not in the best shape, physically.

Stoner is in great form and Jorge Lorenzo is the defending champion, are they the favorites for 2011?
Yes, Lorenzo and Stoner are favorites. Lorenzo knows the Yamaha really well and Stoner has the Honda, which is important because the it has an advantage over the rest because it has such a strong engine.

Last year Lorenzo won the title by a landslide, but you were injured, how much did that affect the outcome of the title race? Lorenzo rode very well throughout the year, not just when I was injured. He made very few mistakes and the fact that I was injured doesn't take away any merit from his win.

Lorenzo had some problems with the wall between you in the Yamaha garage, but Hayden has said there will be no wall between you at Ducati, is this true?
Yes, because this time it's me who needs the Nicky's data. With Lorenzo I tried to protect my work, but it really was impossible.

Is this the biggest challenge of your career?
It is certainly a considerable challenge, though very similar to what I faced when I went to Yamaha in 2004. The difference is that now I have two problems I didn't have back then: first it's going to take me some time till I am physically fit and secondly, the Ducati engine is wilder than the M1 was.

klu
14-01-2011, 08:41 PM
If anyone can tame her, Rossi can

Hellraiser
14-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Melandri couldn't do it, Capirossi couldn't do it...Stoner did a fantastic job on it...it'll be very interesting.

ezzy rider
14-01-2011, 09:23 PM
is he bluffing?! i dont think so, his shoulder problems are real, and 31 aint a young buck in bike racing.

The Ducati is very different from Yamaha and you have to ride it in a more dirty style, so to speak...i like this bit! duuuurtyyy...!!!

Hellraiser
14-01-2011, 09:32 PM
i like this bit! duuuurtyyy...!!!

PMSL!!

Aussie
16-07-2011, 02:05 PM
If anyone can tame her, Rossi can

Really????

Dino
16-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Really????

16th in practice,

NO. Not even close.

Hellraiser
16-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Don't know if he ever will at this stage. Pity.