PDA

View Full Version : Riding in France

Ramjet
04-02-2011, 09:39 PM
How ya Lads

I'v driven in France in the car but never on the bike so I'm going to put that right this year. I'v never had any issue with the local police force when in the car and I'v heard stories from Friends that have ridden in France on bikes and they have had no issues either, quite the opposite infact, but one of the guys coming with us thinks that this will not be the case and wants to ride in Spain instead. now this presents the problem of getting to Spain without riding through France.

So can anyone tell me how the French coppers view Bikers and Irish bikers in general. I would like to convince the guys that there will be no issues once ye dont act the maggot because I feel we might not make it any further than Engerland.

klu
04-02-2011, 09:40 PM
I'd be more afraid of the UK cops than the French TBH

Ramjet
04-02-2011, 09:42 PM
+1 on that. ye cant even use the No Speekey the French to them.

sirius
04-02-2011, 09:58 PM
I've done more trips to france than I can remember. Never had a problem with le Flic (cops). Got a 150 euro fine in Spain for crossing a white line in order to get by a parked car.

Ramjet
04-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I've done more trips to france than I can remember. Never had a problem with le Flic (cops). Got a 150 euro fine in Spain for crossing a white line in order to get by a parked car.
Any good routes Dave?

sirius
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
Any good routes Dave?

Dozens. Where are ye thinking of heading to? How long for? What boat? What port? Hotel or camping? What bikes?
It might suit ya to meet for a brew and a chat over a map.

Ramjet
05-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Dozens. Where are ye thinking of heading to? How long for? What boat? What port? Hotel or camping? What bikes?
It might suit ya to meet for a brew and a chat over a map.

Ye deffo we'll sit down over a brew in the next week or so. Might bring one or two of the others that you'll know along and let them hear it for the horses mouth so to speak. But for now Ports Roscoff bikes Blade/Zx9/SV1000 and about 7 days. Thought about heading southerly Sarlat around that area. Anyway I'll see what way where fixed or we might meet up at the night out in Bradys in Navan.

sirius
05-02-2011, 02:32 PM
No problem. Give us a shout anytime and I'll bring maps etc.thumbup01.gif

Dino
05-02-2011, 02:53 PM
There's supposed to be a new ferry starting up in March frrom Cork to Gijon in Spain. I'm hoping to be using this (depending on cost) to cut the mileage, and then do a bit of touring around the mountains.

Ramjet
05-02-2011, 03:14 PM
There's supposed to be a new ferry starting up in March frrom Cork to Gijon in Spain. I'm hoping to be using this (depending on cost) to cut the mileage, and then do a bit of touring around the mountains.

Ye I'v been in contact with a Girl in the port of Cork and she told me before xmas that the service was to start in March. I'v emailed her 3 times since xmas and no relay even though the emails where read. No one knows of a boat in preparation for this route and I sure they would have needed to prove the boat over this voyage before putting it into service. Seeing that its a month away I cant see this happening. Ye can go from Roslare to Roscoff and from Roscoff to Santander or Gijon but its nearly €600 return and 2 days on ship in total.

Dino
05-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Ye I'v been in contact with a Girl in the port of Cork and she told me before xmas that the service was to start in March. I'v emailed her 3 times since xmas and no relay even though the emails where read. No one knows of a boat in preparation for this route and I sure they would have needed to prove the boat over this voyage before putting it into service. Seeing that its a month away I cant see this happening. Ye can go from Roslare to Roscoff and from Roscoff to Santander or Gijon but its nearly €600 return and 2 days on ship in total.

If you hear anymore on this would you update on here please?

Ramjet
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
thumbup01.gif Will do

bala
06-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Why would you be worried. If you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about, that goes for any country and not just France. The Welsh police are a different kettle of fish though !!!

My advice no matter where you are is to obey the law and then you've nothing to be worried about

Ramjet
06-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Why would you be worried. If you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about, that goes for any country and not just France. The Welsh police are a different kettle of fish though !!!

My advice no matter where you are is to obey the law and then you've nothing to be worried about
No I'm not worried as you say as long as you dont act the maggot you'll be fine. What Im looking for is some info that I can present to the member of the group which has issues with riding through France.

Ramjet
11-02-2011, 08:08 PM
If you hear anymore on this would you update on here please?

Just got this from the port of Cork

Port of Cork – Proposed Ferry Service from Cork to Port of Gijon, Northern Spain

It is unlikely that this proposed ferry service from the Port of Cork to Port of Gijon will commence in March 2011 as originally hoped.

Dialogue with potential operators and investors is continuing, however in the current climate it is proving more challenging to establish this service. The Port of Cork, along with our colleagues in Port of Gijon are committed to the project and will continue to work in establishing this ferry service.

If anyone is waiting to book their 2011 holidays, you are advised to go ahead and book with another ferry operator. The Port of Cork will give a further update on the proposed service in early June 2011.

Thank you for you continued support and your patience.

Sara Dymond

Commercial Marketing Executive

Port of Cork Company

Custom House Street

Cork

Ireland

Vstrom
11-02-2011, 08:49 PM
No I'm not worried as you say as long as you dont act the maggot you'll be fine. What Im looking for is some info that I can present to the member of the group which has issues with riding through France.

Jeasus Brian
If its the Ginga Winga tell him to fuck off and go to Butlins

Paul if its not you sorry Lol

Ramjet
11-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Jeasus Brian
If its the Ginga Winga tell him to fuck off and go to Butlins

Paul if its not you sorry Lol
25300.gif Cant even get him out on a Sunday Christy never mind out of the country. His missus get all clingey and wont let him out to play. Im lucky my missus hates me 25300.gif