Anyone here into motocross racing?

Is it hard / expensive to get into?

Would be a good bit of craic I'd say

Hellraiser
20-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Anyone here into motocross racing?

Is it hard / expensive to get into?

Would be a good bit of craic I'd say

Jay46 and Yelwarc and I think Skipper do it....get onto one of them...

Skipper
20-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Yes it's hard so I mostly raced grasstrack which is on a flat field I did motocross practice days though they are great fun a bike will cost about 2k and gear 500e a trailer or van medical and race entry fee allow for some engine work
say valves 500 e and petrol accommodation and yer set after the first lap it wont matter how much it cost it's brilliant
check out motocross.ie and get out to gormonstown to have a look for yourself
stevo/blackrose raced motocross for years i think so he's the expert on that side of it
to start i'd buy a 4 stroke 250 that will put you in mx2 a 2 stroke 250 or a 450 will be mx1 and thats bloody hard but great fun

klu
20-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Cheers Skipper.

Wouldn't be looking to be competitive or anything, just a bit of craic more than anything

Skipper
20-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Cheers Skipper.

Wouldn't be looking to be competitive or anything, just a bit of craic more than anything

That's what u think ! give it a go and you'll be immediately competitive it's like a drug
if you buy a 500 e bike you will spend 600e getting it to keep going then it will break and you will give up
I'd say buy the best you can afford but not more than 2k and you can always sell it on if you dont get on with it
brush up on VIN numbers so you can date bikes you look at and get numbers of russels honda danfay yamaha etc so you can check years with them as guys sell 98s as 01s etc.